Lamisil AT 1% Spray contains the active ingredient terbinafine, an antifungal used to treat skin problems caused by fungi in:
Athlete’s foot (tinea pedis)
- Athlete’s foot appears only on the feet (usually both, but not always), often in between the toes.
- It can also appear on the instep, soles, or other areas of the feet.
- The most common type of athlete’s foot causes cracking or scaling of the skin, but you may also have mild swelling, blisters, or weeping ulcers.
- Lamisil AT 1% Spray is recommended for athlete’s foot when it occurs between the toes.
Dhobie itch/jock itch (tinea cruris)
- Dhobie itch appears in the groin and inner thigh area, usually on both sides but often with one side more than the other, where it can spread further between the legs to the buttocks, or up towards the stomach.
- Dhobie itch looks like a clearly bordered rash, which may have blisters.
- Adults over 16: Apply Lamisil AT 1% Spray once a day, for one week only, for all fungal infections.
- The active ingredient is terbinafine 1% w/v.
- The other ingredients are water, ethanol, propylene glycol and cetomacrogol 1000.
Warnings and restrictions
If you have a fungal nail infection (fungus inside and under the nail) with discolouration of the nails and changes in nail texture (thick or flaky), you should consult your doctor. This is because Lamisil AT 1% Spray is not appropriate for this type of infection.
Take special care with Lamisil AT 1% Spray.
- For application on the skin only.
- Avoid inhaling the product.
- Avoid contact of the spray with the mouth or face. In case of accidental contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with running water.
- Avoid application to damaged skin, where alcohol (one of the ingredients) could cause stinging or irritation.
Do not apply other medicines to the areas you are treating with Lamisil AT 1% Spray.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- If you are pregnant, check with your doctor before using this medicine.
- Do not use the spray if you are breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines
- Lamisil AT 1% Spray is not expected to affect your ability to drive or operate machinery.
Other safety warnings
DO NOT use Lamisil AT 1% Spray if you have an allergy (hypersensitivity) to any of the ingredients in the product (see patient information leaflet Sections 2 and 6 for more information).
The spray is NOT recommended for children under 16 years of age.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including those obtained without a prescription.