Fast & effective replacement of lost water and body salts
Dioralyte helps replace essential body water and salts in the treatment of acute diarrhoea in infants, children and adults.
Early use is important to avoid dehydration, particularly in the young and elderly.
How to use Dioralyte
- Dissolve contents of one Dioralyte sachet in 200 ml (approx. 7 fl oz) of drinking water. Use fresh drinking water for adults and children.
- For infants, and where fresh drinking water is unavailable, the water should be freshly boiled then cooled. The solution should be made up immediately before use.
- If refrigerated, the solution may be stored for up to 24 hours, otherwise any solution remaining one hour after reconstitution should be discarded.
- Dioralyte should only be reconstituted with water and to the volume stated. A lesser or greater dilution may result in electrolyte imbalance.
Dose (unless prescribed otherwise by your doctor):
- Adults (including elderly): One or two sachets after every loose motion (each sachet dissolved in 200 ml water).
- Children: one sachet after every loose motion.
Infants up to the age of 2: One to 1.5 times the normal 24-hour feed volume using Dioralyte solution prepared as directed above.
- If symptoms do not improve within 24–48 hours, consult your doctor.
- If vomiting is occurring with diarrhoea, it is recommended to take small amounts frequently.
- Each Sachet contains Sodium Chloride 0.47g, Potassium Chloride 0.30g, Glucose 3.56g, Disodium Hydrogen Citrate 0.53g
- Also contains Silicon Dioxide, Saccharin Sodium, Blackcurrant Flavour.
Warnings and restrictions
If you are suffering from intestinal obstruction, diabetes, kidney or liver failure, or are on a low potassium or sodium diet, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using Dioralyte.
Infants under 2 years with diarrhoea should be seen by a doctor as soon as possible.
Store below 25°C. Store in the original package to protect from moisture.
KEEP OUT OF THE SIGHT AND REACH OF CHILDREN.