Anusol Soothing Relief Ointment is used for the relief of uncomplicated internal and external piles (haemorrhoids) and anal itching.
- Shrinks piles, relieves discomfort, soothes itching, reduces inflammation
- Contains added hydrocortisone to reduce inflammation and ease the discomfort of uncomplicated internal and external piles
- Contains other active ingredients that calm irritation and soothe the itching associated with piles
4-way action with the following active ingredients:
- Hydrocortisone acetate, a mild steroid which helps reduce inflammation
- Zinc oxide and bismuth salts, which are mildly astringent and antiseptic to soothe and protect affected areas
- Balsam Peru, mildly antiseptic, has a protective action on sore areas and may help healing
- Benzyl benzoate, with mild antiseptic properties
How to use
For anal application
Adults: topical use only
- Thoroughly cleanse the affected area, dry, and apply ointment on a gauze dressing.
- Use sparingly at night, in the morning, and after each bowel movement: up to 4 applications per day.
- For internal piles, use the rectal nozzle provided. Remove the nozzle cap and clean the nozzle after each use.
- Do not use for longer than 7 consecutive days.
- Active Ingredients per 100g: Hydrocortisone Acetate 0.25g, Bismuth Oxide 0.875g, Zinc Oxide 10.75g, Bismuth Subgallate 2.25g, Balsam Peru 1.875g, Benzyl Benzoate 1.25g
- Other Ingredients: Petroleum Jelly White, Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate, Lanolin Anhydrous, Cocoa Butter, Castor Oil, Kaolin Light, Magnesium Stearate
Warnings and restrictions
- Do not use if under 18 years.
- Do not use in pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to any ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not use on fungal or bacterial skin sores.
- Do not use on broken or infected skin. Common skin infections include anal warts, genital herpes, thrush and jock itch.
If you continually suffer from piles, if the condition does not improve, or if rectal bleeding occurs, consult your doctor.
This is a medicine. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
Seek advice if you suffer from allergies.
For external use only
Taking other medicines
Some medicines may increase the effects of Anusol Soothing Relief Ointment, and your doctor may wish to monitor you carefully if you are taking them. These include some HIV medicines, such as ritonavir and cobicistat.
Contact your doctor if you experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
If any of the above points apply to you, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
Do not store above 25°C.
Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.